Milestone Underscored by Innovation and an Unwavering Commitment to Customer Needs
SINGAPORE – Media OutReach – 6 December 2021 – Arlo Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ARLO), a leading smart home security brand, today announced its AI-powered subscription service has surpassed 1 million paid accounts. The milestone is a testament to the brand’s ongoing smart home security innovations, robust ecosystem of award-winning hardware, software and services, and ability to provide consumers with added peace of mind by giving them the power to protect their homes and families.
From comprehensive, industry-first AI person, package, animal and vehicle detection, to potentially life-saving features like Smoke and CO Alarm detection, Arlo enables users to easily monitor and protect loved ones, properties and more. The service ensures users are always aware so they can react quickly with the help of innovative tools designed for immediate action.
“The acceleration of our subscriber base continues with paid accounts nearly doubling since March 2021,” said Brad Little, Vice President & Managing Director APAC. “Achieving this milestone faster than forecasted demonstrates Arlo’s ability to provide trusted smart home security solutions that address fundamental customer needs. The recent launch of Arlo Secure, shows our focus on innovation remains as we create value for our service offerings. We are proud to play such an important role in our customers’ lives.”
Arlo Secure subscription plans represent the brand’s commitment to interactive alerts and access to priority support all at a greater value. Plans currently start at $4.49 SGD per month for single camera or $13.99 SGD per month to support unlimited security devices in the home. For those who want even greater peace of mind, Arlo Secure Plus gives users access to 4K video recordings cloud storage for supported devices for $21.99 SGD per month for unlimited camera support.
Features of Arlo Secure subscriptions include:
- 2K (Arlo Secure) and 4K (Arlo Secure Plus) Cloud-based Video Recording – View 30 days of recordings securely stored on Arlo’s SmartCloud platform for ultimate peace of mind and protection even if the device is damaged or stolen in a break-in, storm or other physical incident.
- Unlimited Cameras – Users can enjoy Arlo Secure service for all cameras in their home with one all-encompassing plan. Add new Arlo cameras for no additional charge.
- Advanced Object Detection – Arlo processes and filters 50 million events each day through advanced object detection backed by visual artificial intelligence, allowing for better recognition of people, packages, vehicles, and animals to add key context to notifications and reduce unwanted alerts.
- Smart Interactive Notifications – Users can take quicker action by responding to rich notifications or viewing an animated preview of a notification video through the lock screen on their smartphone or other smart device.
- Smoke and CO Alarm Detection – Get notified when the camera hears a smoke or CO alarm triggered.
- Cloud-based Activity Zones – Users can reduce unwanted notifications by highlighting specific areas on their property where they want motion to be detected.
- Call a Friend – Customers can instantly call a friend through the Arlo App from their notification screen with one tap.
- 24/7 Priority Support – Subscribers get priority technical support through the in-app Help Centre with omni-channel access to phone, chat, Community, or self-help articles.
All Arlo hardware purchases ship with a complimentary three-month trial of Arlo Secure Plus. For more information on the full range of Arlo smart home security products and services, visit www.arlo.com/asia.
About Arlo Technologies, Inc.
Arlo is the award-winning, industry leader that is transforming the way people experience the connected lifestyle. Arlo’s deep expertise in product design, wireless connectivity, cloud infrastructure and cutting-edge AI capabilities focuses on delivering a seamless, smart home experience for Arlo users that is easy to setup and interact with every day. The company’s cloud-based platform provides users with visibility, insight and a powerful means to help protect and connect in real-time with the people and things that matter most, from any location with a Wi-Fi or a mobile connection. To date, Arlo has launched several categories of award-winning smart connected devices, including wire-free smart Wi-Fi and 4G-enabled security cameras, audio and video doorbells, and floodlight.
With a mission to bring users peace of mind, Arlo is as passionate about protecting user privacy as it is about safeguarding homes and families. Arlo is committed to supporting industry standards for data protection designed to keep users’ personal information private and in their control. Arlo doesn’t monetise personal data, provides enhanced controls for user data, supports privacy legislation, keeps user data safely secure, and puts security at the forefront of company culture.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995:
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The words “anticipate,” “expect,” “believe,” “will,” “may,” “should,” “estimate,” “project,” “outlook,” “forecast” or other similar words are used to identify such forward-looking statements. However, the absence of these words does not mean that the statements are not forward-looking. The forward-looking statements represent Arlo Technologies, Inc.’s (the “Company” or “Arlo”) expectations or beliefs concerning future events based on information available at the time such statements were made and include statements regarding Arlo cameras, Arlo video doorbells, Arlo Secure, Arlo Secure Plus and future Arlo products. These statements are based on management’s current expectations and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, including the following: future demand for the Company’s products may be lower than anticipated; consumers may choose not to adopt the Company’s new product offerings or adopt competing products; and product performance may be adversely affected by real world operating conditions. Further, certain forward-looking statements are based on assumptions as to future events that may not prove to be accurate. Therefore, actual outcomes and results may differ materially from what is expressed or forecast in such forward-looking statements. Further information on potential risk factors that could affect Arlo and its business are detailed in the Company’s periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risk factors described in the Company’s most recently filed Annual Report on Form 10-K and Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q and subsequent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Given these circumstances, you should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Arlo undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.